Friday, June 26, 2009

End of Week 1

We made it through week 1 of the MAC program, and we're all still standing. At least we were, as of 4:30 this afternoon. I'm impressed with the amount of work that goes into making this program possible, and overwhelmed by the amount of work that will go into getting out of it alive! But I'm looking forward to what's to come.

The technology class really struck a chord with me today. It's not something I'd really put much thought into, but the idea of using tools like blogging and twitter and lends itself to all sorts of wonderful possibilities in a Spanish classroom. I also love the idea of using a discussion board and a live chat (Does anyone still use chatrooms anymore??) What a great way for students to use their Spanish outside the traditional classroom setting! And it could be great for the more meek, who may not be ready to speak up in class yet. I'm really excited to see what we're going to learn in this class, and what I will be able to do with it...the ideas are already going on the spin-cycle in this thing I call a brain!

3 comments:

  1. right on Melanie! I am completely exhausted, and feeling a little overwhelmed right now as well, but we are going to learn so much that will be so essential to us as teachers. We'll all be fine :)

    I too, hadn't really thought of all the technological tools that we could implement into the classroom. I think this Blog idea is really awesome and is something that I had never even thought about as a teacher. If everyone else hasn't really checked out some of the sample teacher blogs on the Secondary MAC wiki site, definitely do it; they are really cool and an awesome idea for the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really impressed by all the work that goes into the program too! Especially from Pat, I can't believe all the work she does for us!

    Also, The idea of discussion boards and chats sounds like a really fun way to participate in Spanish - I was definitely one of those kids that hated talking in Spanish because I got nervous. I'm excited to see what else we can do with technology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you can breathe another sigh of relief as we have made it through another intense week (well almost...one more day to go :) I can't believe the amount of work we have to juggle to come out of this program with a Master's and certification!
    While intense, I think this program will prepare me for the busy life of teaching!!

    ReplyDelete