Monday, November 2, 2009

Crazy for Claymation!

We learned how to do claymation in class this week, and I have to say it was a ton of fun. I'm still struggling to figure out how I would like to use it in my classroom, if I can. My students really seem to enjoy art-y activities, and I think they would have a BLAST with this. However, it's also very time-consuming, and I'm afraid it may eat up too much class time. It's something I need to spend some time thinking about, because I would really like to find a way to incorporate this activity. I know when we were done, all I wanted to do was come home and make claymation videos all day!

So, without further ado:



Claymation by Tricia Hewitt, Ingrid Macon, and myself, with help from Tiffany Liu. Spanish storyline by me! :)

Poor little clay folks fell down at the end, which just added to the humor.
This is the rated G version for my class :)

4 comments:

  1. This is very nice. I feel really inferior because my group's claymation wasn't so artistically done. Wow. Look at those flowers! And that tree. It's perfect. Estoy celoso!

    PS. What where Jorge and Luisa doing? Is this something you would show to your class? Anyway, I really liked the Fur Elise in the background and the subtitles. Awesome job. You were obviously not as hard pressed as my group was.
    Stil, check it out. Again, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan...I mean Melanie,

    Your claymation = awesome! I'm very impressed. I loved that you not only had claymation but subtitles. For a second there I felt like I could understand spanish.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this is adorable. I liked the Spanish subtitles that helped me figure out what was going on in the video. Kudos on being able to create things that resembled people. Our poor paper clip man looked pretty sad in our video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched your video and I loved it! I too think that Claymation could be a good addition to the classroom(look how much fun we all had in class doing it!). I was thinking that perhaps it could be a fun Friday activity...working on it for 10 minutes each week or something like that!

    ReplyDelete